Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween '08

I was sad that we were to late to go to the pumpkin patch this year.  I thought Haven would have a lot of fun, but they were all out of pumpkins and so I knew I couldn't get the great pics and they didn't have all of the fun stuff to do either.  We did have a pumpkin to carve though and so we spent our evening carving a pumpkin and handing out candy.  Jonathan cleaned the pumpkin out and I carved it.  This was only the second time I had carved a pumpkin.  Haven really didn't have much interest and we had to round her up to take pics.  I accidently downloaded the pictures in the wrong order, but you will get the idea.

Haven and mommy carving...okay Haven posing and mommy carving. 
Haven did help clean a tiny bit...at least she tried.
Haven is helping dump the insides into the bowl.
The bowl before the pumpkin guts were put in it.
Daddy cutting the top off.
Daddy's little flower.
Mommy's little flower too!
Every time I look at her in the costume it just makes me smile.  I was sad we didn't get her to smile in the costume.
I wanted a happy pumpkin, so ours has a smile not a scowl.


1 comment:

April said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Don't you love how they'll never smile when you want them to?
Happy Halloween!