Saturday, October 4, 2008

Centennial Celebration

We had a church picnic today to celebrate the Nazarene Centennial.  Wonderful weather, good food, fun and friendship, oh and a lot of work, but it was worth it.  Here Haven is getting a ride from Stan.  Stan and Norma were missionaries for over 30 years and moved from California to be close to their daughter.

Jonathan has been running around crazy for weeks preparing, but finally got to relax a bit and play horse shoes.  Andrew is one of our college students.  He was playing hooky from studying, but we didn't mind!
Lorena and Taryn are Haven's little mother hens.  They watch over her and play with her.
Michael said this was my redneck husband drinking tea out of the jug.  He came from California, but is midwest at heart.
Jonathan played tug-o-war.

He participated in the sack race too,  He was everywhere having fun.
Haven called a football a ball ball.
Jonathan and I doing the three legged race.  We were second.  We also did the egg toss and would have won if it didn't break the very last throw.  Well, duh, but hopefully you know what I mean.

1 comment:

April said...

Ooooh...looks like you guys had a great time and a good turn out for your centennial celebration! Oktoberfest is today at our church and I'm so excited! You and Jonathan did better at the 3 legged race than we would have! I'm terrible at that!