Saturday, October 25, 2008

Art Museum

For my birthday outing I wanted to go to the St. Louis Art Museum.  So we headed to St. Louis Friday.  I am not one to branch out, so I wanted to be brave and try a new restaurant while we are there.  The unknown kinda scares me.  We heard about this buffet that had a Mongolian BBQ section, so we decided to go there.  It was great.  It was a huge Chinese/Mongolain buffet that was just enough different from most buffets.  They even had a chocolate fountain..not chinese, but sure good!  If you are ever in the Chesterfield area try out Emperor's Palace.  The museum was great, but I was disappointed in the lack of impressionist paintings!  They had a ton of paintings I just didn't get, like an orange canvas with a strip of white.  Or a black canvas with pin stripes.  In my way of thinking anyone can do that.  Too many of those and not enough good ol' classics.  The other displays were very good though.  I still prefer the Nelson Atkins in KC....sorry St. Louis.

The grounds were beautiful!  They had two lines of trees that were turning a gorgeous red color.  And the paths would be peaceful to walk or sit and contemplate.

The view of the grounds were wonderful.  It reminded me of the grounds on the South Carolina plantations. 
And of course the building itself was beautiful.  I was surprised that there was a lot of space that had nothing on display.
Haven was as good as can be for an 18 month old that was not allowed to run around!  Her little voice echoed around the place when she decided she wanted to talk loud and proud.  She is getting to the stage where she says "Hi" to people when we pass by.  It is so fun.  It was a great day.

No comments: