Saturday, October 18, 2008

Away from Home

 Jonathan and I went to Branson this past week for the Ministry team retreat.  Dr. Diehl, one of the Nazarene GSs was our speaker.  He was funny and I enjoyed his talks.  We dropped off Haven in Eldon Tuesday afternoon and then headed to the Lodge of the Ozarks in Branson.  They had remodeled the rooms so they were nice and clean.  The only complaint I had was that we could only access wireless internet if we sat on the floor by the door.  So we ended up watching our Dancing with the Stars on the floor.  We really enjoyed our time there.  Haven was congested when we left and I became sick when I got there, but I still enjoyed myself.  This was the very first time we have left her and we started with a bang.  Four days and three nights.  According to mom the first day for Haven was rough, but it got a little better after that.  She really bonded with Paw Paw.  It was nice for Jonathan and I to spend some quality time together.  We needed it after 18 months of have the three of us, but we did miss her.  I tried to only call morning and night.  I think if I would have been at home without her it would have been harder, but we were distracted most of the time and we were out of a routine, so I did better than I thought I would.  I was more worried about her feeling abandoned than anything.  I knew though that she was being loved and that is the most important thing.

This picture is out of order.  It is supposed to be at the end.  Haven loves pushing her big stroller and since mom and dad's house is to small for that, mom went out and got Haven her own stroller that is a bit more her size.   According to mom she pushed it around all week long.  
We started the trip to Grandma and Grandpa's with a small nap.  She is just so cute when she sleeps. I was looking at the photo's later and realized this was from a different time.  Oh well, she did nap on the way, so we will pretend this is the right day.
One of the days we went shopping.  One thing Branson has is a lot of shopping!  We found some winter clothes for Haven and Jonathan found $50 suits!  We bought three for that price!  At the suit store my friend Kiley pointed out how uncomfortable she thought this mannequin might be :o)  The picture just cracked me up!
One of the main things we did of course was eat out and gain weight.  We couldn't go to Branson and not eat at Famous Dave's.  We also ate at the Hard Luck Diner.  It was fun.  The waiters and waitresses go around and sing songs.  They sing Christian songs too.  They actually have good voices and the food was yummy.  I would recommend the experience.  Jonathan got sauced at Famous Daves :o)
Our whole group went to see Noah the musical.  This amazing statue was out front.  The theater itself was amazingly beautiful and HUGE.  We enjoyed the musical.  Because I wasn't feeling the best I got a bit antsy, but it was still a great experience.  The props were spectacular.  At one point they had a 180 degree view of the inside of the ark.  Amazing.
We were glad to be home safe and sound with Haven.  We appreciate Mom and dad watching her so that we could have some time before the new baby comes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This one is so cute. She looks like she is begging for something. Looking all innocent.