Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Adventures - Pt 5 Lost License and Pampering

I have to say that part of vacation was very stressful!  I was buying a gift and some baby boy clothes in Florida and realized that I didn't have my license!  I really started freaking out when I got back to Eugene's house and could not find it anywhere.  I took every article of clothing out of the suitcases and shook them out.  We moved the suitcases, we looked in the house, and in the car.  So, I proceeded to make a million phone calls to figure out what I was suppose to do to get back home.  A police report was called in to Orlando because I was told to bring a copy to the airport.  Then I called the MO DMV to see if they had any ideas (I wanted to cover all bases).  They said I could get a clearance letter from them, so I looked the application up online and guess what....it needed to be notarized.  When we went to get it notarized we found out I needed a picture ID.  So we went to the local DMV and they could not help.  You would think the DMV would have realized that I needed a picture ID to have their letter notarized.  So, the manager at the MO DMV suggested that I go to the local police department to have them request a "blow up".  We got there and after a bit of a wait an officer came out and gave me a case#...not what I needed.  I explained what I was looking for and he said he did not think he could help me, but took my paperwork to find out.  Keep in mind I was silly enough to give him ALL my paperwork with vital and personal information.  Sheryl had called her PD friend to see if he could help.  While we were waiting for the officer to come back with my paperwork, Sheryl's friend called back and a co-worker came out to help me.  She was incredibly helpful.  Back to my paperwork...the officer got called out so my paperwork was missing!  Anyway Heidi, the helpful lady, asked if we had anything planned like shopping, if so we could go do that while she worked on my paperwork.  So we went to have a manicure!  French tip on my toes makes me feel sexy and a pregnant woman needs to feel sexy, so I got the French tip.  It was a nice end to a very stressful day.  Everything was still up in the air, but at least my feet were sexy!
Okay, so after the manicure I called to see if the officer had my paperwork.  I was trying to sound so professional, but used the la-la land phrase and mom and the sister-in-laws all started cracking up, which made me crack up on the voice mail.  They probably thought it was a prank call.  I had to wait until the next day to resolve the situation.  Okay, so with fax problems and other misc issues I finally got the blow up and letter!  That next day we all went to get a massage, which was also a nice break in the stressful situation.  Okay, so the ending to the story is this.  We were loading up to leave four days later and Jonathan saw something on the floor.  What could it be?  My license!  We had looked multiple times in that same spot and had moved the suitcases to another room even and yet there it was!  Thank you God. 
My sexy toes :o)




2 comments:

Jimmy and Amie said...

you ended up finding your licence!!!! wow!! what a lesson in perseverance, huh??! : )

April said...

You poor thing!
Your sexy toes look great!! :)