Eugene and Sheryl belong to a community that has dug out a couple of ski lakes and then they built their house just yards from the lakes. My brother is a competitive water skier, so this is his dream home. He can ski every day if he wants. Needless to say, there was the opportunity for Jonathan to try and get up on skis. Before I go into that, they also have a couple of tubes that they go tubing on. One day Jonathan went out with the boys and the story goes he hit a wave on the tube and it launched him into the air and over the head and tube of Cullen. Jonathan landed on the other side. I was in taking a nap with Haven, so of course I missed the show! I also missed tubing since I am prego. I was sad as that is one of my favorite things to do. My brother Jimmy who has not skied in years, was able to get up on the slolumn (have no idea how to spell it!). It is just one ski and then you weave in and out of the bueys (again no idea on spelling!).
Haven and I went out on the boat to watch daddy try to get up on the skis. Every time Jonathan got in the water, she would sound worried and say daddy. This life jacket was Colten and Cullens when they were babies. My nephews have actually been skiing also since they were a couple of years old!
Here is Jonathan putting on the skis. He had to back off of the platform and flop into the water. It was quite humorous from where I was :o)
There are so many things to try and remember. Keep the skis parallel, stay in a ball with your knees bent, don't lean back, keep your arms straight and don't pull the rope towards you, let the boat pull you up.....I actually remembered most of the advise from when I first learned to get up on skis. I probably could not get up now though. I barely made it up the last time!
This was after Jonathan had water pushed up his nose a few times from leaning back to far. Looks like he is going to get up doesn't it!
Nope, he didn't. He really tried hard and almost had it a couple of times! He just got to worn out before he had all of the positions in place. I forgot to tell him to work out before we left!
No comments:
Post a Comment