When Hannah was born she did not pass her hearing screening. We ended up having to take her to an audiologist. He tested her and came to the conclusion that she still had fluid in her ears and that is why she had hearing loss. We took her in for check-ups over the next few months, but the fluid never drained. So next step was tubes. I was a bit nervous. Levi had tubes at a year, but Hannah was only 4 months old! We took her in about a month ago to have the surgery. I found out while we were there that they were going to have to put her fully under, which included a tube down the throat, so that they could do a hearing test while she was sedated. Putting her fully under made me even more nervous. She is a breast fed baby and I was not to feed her anything after midnight. YIKES, she still got up in the middle of the night to eat and they were telling me I had to have a hungry baby until surgery at 7:30 the next morning? I prayed that God would keep her content and that she would not be a screaming baby the next morning. She did wake up in the middle of the night, but Jonathan was able to get her back to sleep. God answered my prayer and she was content until the surgery. It may sound like a little thing, but I was a big answer to prayer for me.
Here we are nice and early in the morning.
My answer to prayer, a happy baby who had not eaten anything. The PJ's they gave her for the surgery were huge on her, but we made it work.
The surgery went well. The doc drained a lot of fluid out. She fully passed the hearing test on one ear and the audiologist thinks that the other ear will test fine eventually. There was just some seepage that was getting in the way. Praise the Lord she came through with flying colors. The only downfall is that you can now startle her while she is sleeping. It temps me to put her earplugs in while she sleeps :o)
1 comment:
Sooooo good to hear that everything went well! & for the record, it is not a small thing that Hannah was content until surgery! A NPO baby is the worst thing in the world to me!!! (& I think that about these sweet babies I take care of...I can't even imagine if it was one of my own babies with nothing to eat!)
Post a Comment