Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Campmeeting 2011

I am a bit behind on posting. June was a CRAZY month! Jonathan and I are low key people and June was anything but low key. We found a new house to rent at the beginning of June and I did not have a boxed packed. During the month of June we were going to be out of town two out of the four weeks. Needless to say I was packing and moving every spare moment possible. One of the weeks we were out of town, we went on our annual trip to Campmeeting. I really didn't get very many pictures this year. Usually I at least have pictures of the watermelon festivities, but that day we had to take a trip up to St. Louis to take Hannah to get some health concerns checked out. Thank the Lord her exam was all good.

One thing I really wanted to have that week was some quiet time and study time with God. Sadly it did not work out as I planned, but I did get one morning to go off alone and be with God. Here was my view. God has provided our district with a beautiful campground!


 The kids loved the morning children's church. Haven keeps singing new songs and I ask her were she learned them and she keeps saying "camp". Levi enjoyed being with other kids in the nursery. The day we left they had a little festival for the kids. Jonathan took them down while I packed up to head home. Not pictured was a boat ride that they took with Jonathan and pool time with me. We bought these neat life jackets and it took a while for them to get comfortable in the water, but by the time we left they were "swimming" with my arms around them and not in a panic over every splash.

Campmeeting has always been such a physically and spiritually renewing time for us. This year had its challenges (I won't name names :o) that we have not faced before, but we are sure glad we went.

No comments: