Late last week we had about a 6 inch snowfall. I had started to melt down, so I wanted to let Haven make a snowman before it was all gone. So we bundled up and ventured out. Bundling up is quite the ordeal!
Jonathan and Levi watched.
Jonathan was amazed that you could roll the snow and it would stick into a bigger and bigger ball. California boy! He said he has tried it before and it didn't work. You have to have a nice wet snow for it to work. I had to keep brushing off the fall leaves.
Haven basically brushed the gloves on the snow to smooth it I suppose.
I couldn't find proper snowmen eyes and mouth, so I had to use lifesavers.
The finished product.
Jonathan's idea for a pine cone nose worked out great.
Haven said, "It tastes like ice cream." We also made snow angels, but they were hard to see.
There was an ah-ha moment the next day....snow is water and water melts lifesavers! It is hard to see, but the snowman was quite bloody from the melted red lifesavers. The day after that the wound had extended to the snowman's chest.
On a different note. A couple of days ago we went to visit a member of our congregation who is in a nursing home. His roommate Bob (seen below) was blest by the joyful spirit of Haven. She wanted to sit on his lap, so we let her sit on the arm of the chair. I think it made his day! He just kept smiling at her. She also played catch (once) and he enjoyed that too. She really does bring joy to all who meet her.
No comments:
Post a Comment