We didn't get to spend time ice fishing, but we did get to see what was like. It was nothing like I thought it would be. I pictured a shack on the cold ice. I am sure there are some like that, but that is not what Jimmy rented.
In this picture we are in the middle of the lake. Weird to think about! We drove out in a truck.
Here is the ice house. It was COLD out on the lake of ice with no wind breaker.
This was the front of the house. See the bunks? And a table in which to play games.
Here is the back. The heater keeps it VERY warm. Not roughing it at all. Some houses have toilets and refrigerators and stoves.
In this house there were six ice holes. They were rigged to where you did have to hold a pole. You just waited for the rattle to sound.
H didn't really catch this, but it was a good picture. He was at the right place at the right time for the photo op.
Jimmy uses minnows. You can see it sticking out of the fish's mouth. Unfortunately the little fish swallowed the hook and could not be saved. His death was a cold one outside on the ice.
The minnows.
I was cleaning out the ice that froze on top of the hole.
No comments:
Post a Comment