What a GREAT time we had Thursday night at the Cardinals game! Our friend Sandy scored some great tickets and invited us to join her for the fun. She decked us all out with Cardinals t-shirts. Haven even got a cute pair of matching white shorts. We were in the bleacher seats, right field, between the bull pin and the foul line. Right in home run territory. Jonathan was ready with his glove. There were two home runs in the game, but none came our way. One fan who caught the opposing teams ball threw it back out onto the field. Okay, I know that there was the crowd pressure and all, but come on, who cares WHO hit the ball, it was a ball! I would have kept it. Shows how much of a "true" baseball fan I am. It was a good thing a ball didn't come Jonathan's way anyway, because there was only a short amount of time that he didn't have Haven or food in his arms. One or the other would have gone flying!
Here is the rowdy crew during the game. Jonathan and I bought visors since the sun was so bright in the beginning.
Here we are after the game. Smiles on our faces from the great time and the Cardinal's win!
Sandy and Haven before the game.
The Young family all decked out in Cardinal red.
Haven and daddy looking all cute, both of them of course!
Mommy and Haven in their matching Pujols shirts.
It was pretty warm to begin with. Haven is hot natured, so she was flushed and sweating. What's a ball game without a little sweat?
I just love this picture! She looked SO ADORABLE in her outfit. Thank you Sandy!
My uncle shares season tickets with his sister. Here they are across the way. I wanted to spot them so that I knew where to go to say hi.
Here's my Uncle Charles. It was fun to see him. They have GREAT season ticket seats. Four rows up from the grass in the outfield.
I was very impressed with the stretching abilities. He went into all types of positions. These are just two of them.
This one made me think he was doing Pilates.
I thought this was a cool picture with the red and blue sun bursts.
This was our view of the field. I'm glad we were not in the nose bleed section!
We didn't realize Haven puckered up to kiss Red Bird until we were looking back at the pictures. Isn't this just the greatest pic!
Here is Haven eating her first ballpark pretzel while watching the game. Okay, she was probably watching the crowd, but at least she is facing the right way.
Haven was working the crowd with that "look" of hers. This pic doesn't quite capture it, but she captured them.
Here is Haven doing the wave. She was a bit slow on the uptake, but at least she participated. When the crowd cheered she would look around wondering what was going on. Then she would say "Yeeaahh" and wave her hands or clap. At one point the crowd scared her they were cheering so loud. She got a little scared with the loud boom of the fireworks also. We were very close to them.
I love the zoom on my big camera. Not to bad.
What more could you ask for? A win topped the night off. We had such a great time. We are so thankful to Sandy for thinking of us and inviting us along.
1 comment:
What a great post with lots of great pictures! Haven looks like such a big girl. I LOVE her Cardinals outfit!! I bet you had a tired baby on the way home!!
Post a Comment